What is overclocking?
Overclocking is a task or process which is used to increase the maximum frequency of the processor (CPU) which intern increases the overall performance of that particular android device from its initial condition There is also a term related to overclocking that is Underclocking; where you can decrease the clock cycle or frequency of the processor of your android device
For example, If the process of the device is 1.5GHZ and by using a process you increase it to 1.8 GHz it is called Overclocking. Whereas by using a process you decrease it by 1.5 GHz it is called Underclocking. Mainly the overclocking process is widely used to upgrade or get a better experience of the device.
When is it necessary to overclock an android device?
- If the android device starts lagging while gaming
- If someone wants to boost a device’s performance
- If someone does not get a speedy experience
- If the device cannot handle some heavy task
Requirements before overclocking
Some tasks must be done before you start your overclocking process on an android device: –
- The android device should be rooted properly
- The android device should have either fully charged or more than 80%
- The android device has to complete an android backup. So that if anything will be wrong during the process you have all of your data
- You have to install an overclocking app from the play store
Some app recommendation for overclocking
- Set CPU for root users
- Tegra overclock
- Android overclocks
- Kernel adapter
- Faux123 kernel enhancement pro etc.
All of these apps you can install from goggle play store (most of them are paid app)
Steps regarding the overclocking process
To start this overclocking task, you need to fulfill some pre-requisites which is mentioned above; otherwise, the process would not be completed. Now the steps of overclocking are as follows: –
Step- 1: You should take a backup of the device you want to overclock. As there is always a risk of losing the data, so it is highly recommended to complete the backup of the device before you proceed.
Step- 2: Then you need to root your device by installing and launching a rooting app. Then the application’s settings should manage and grant the root access.
Step- 3:When the rooting process is completed, now you have to install an overclocking application (as above mentioned) in your device. Then you have to launch the application and then give it a superuser access.
Step- 4: In this step the installed application (such as Set CPU ) is allowed for scanning the available speed as per the processor. Now your device has been detected and now it’s your turn to manage /select the maximum and minimum speed or clock cycle per minute as per you require.
[N.B – Always think properly while you choosing the clock speed as it cannot be too high / too low, otherwise the device act differently]
Step- 5:Now you have to select some option available in that app and the device start booting automatically. (As for example, if you are using the Set CPU app, there will be an option “set on boot”, you have to click in this option)
Step- 6: If you are following all the above steps properly, you can create a profile so that you can manage the condition when you want to overclock/underclock at which frequency.
Advantages & Disadvantages of overclocking your device
Advantages of overclocking:
- In this process, the capacity of the processor increases, so the device’s performance improves significantly.
- After overclocking, as the clock cycle per minute increases, the speed of the device will be faster, though many apps running in the background.
- In this task, you can create your profile, so in the future, you can control your device by changing the rate.
Disadvantages of overclocking:
- This process overheats the device (CPU), for that long-term performances are at risk.
- It will less the battery life span (as it increases battery drainage) [* it will be ignored only when you overlocking your device when it is in charging]
- If you overclock your device at maximum speed, it would damage the hardware.
- For doing this process you have to root access on your device, and rooting the device voids the warranty. So, overclocking renders the warranty voids. [*if you unrooting the device and undoing the changes you had made, the warranty would be restored]
This all about overclocking the android device. By overclocking the device, you can easily improve the device and can enjoy your gaming without lagging. You can do this task by following the above-mentioned steps, but make sure a backup of the device should be taken. So, by doing this process you can actually improve the device performance at the risk of battery life.