We are habituated to take screenshots on mobile generally but nowadays windows have the option to take screenshots directly from your desktop or laptop screen. There are several ways to take screenshots on a computer especially on windows 10. People who work on payment-related issues or students who are attending online classes need to take screenshots from the computer directly for many reasons. That’s why we are discussing the process of taking screenshots entirely or partly from a windows device.
- The easiest way to take screenshots on windows is to press the “Prt Sc” button on the keyboard. It takes a screenshot of your entire screen. There are many key combos that can allow you to take screenshots from windows.
- There is an application named Sniping tool that can allow you to take screenshots in Microsoft.
- One can take screenshots by a game bar within games by pressing the Windows+G button.
Taking screenshot by Prt Sc button:
The simplest method to save a copy of whatever is on your computer screen by pressing the key print screen. It is usually labeled as “(ins)prt sc” on the keyboard mostly in laptops. The button is located at the topmost corner of the right side of the keyboard. On some keyboards, it works with the help of the function key. It means that first, you have to hold the function key and then press the print screen simultaneously.
Several PrtScn variations:
- Press PrtScn.This copies the entire computer screen and takes a screenshot and saves the image in jpg format on your computer at the user section. One can paste the image in several programs like paint or Microsoft word.
- Press Alt+PrtScn.If you click like this combination, you are able to take a copy of your entire current window.
- Press Windows+Shift+s.This combination helps you to take a screenshot partly from the currently active window. By clicking these keys simultaneously, the screen of your computer will be dim and dark and the mouse pointer will change. You will have the option to drag the mouse to capture the current screen or a portion.
- Press Windows+PrtScn.This saves your entire screen as a jpg file that can be found in the picture folder in a subfolder named screenshot
How to take screenshot with the application named Sniping Tool:
Microsoft introduces a much more useful utility with windows 10 called Sniping Tool.
One can use this tool to take screenshot on windows 10 but cannot paste these to other programs.
Steps to be followed:
- Start the application from the taskbar or you have to search for it through the search bar.
- In this process, you will able to choose the shape of your screenshot like full-frame, rectangular irrespective of their original shape. You will able to save the images in jpeg, png, HTML, and gif format.
- After opening the tool, you can see an option named NEW. You have to click on this button.
- Once you click, your entire current screen will freeze for a few and the image will be taken by dragging your mouse and it appears as a new window.
- If you want to add some extra to this screenshot like drawing you will be able to do that by drawing tool.
- When it’s done click file then click on the save as option to finish the process.
How to take screenshot with Game bar:
If you want to take screenshots during playing games it is not impossible. With the help of a Game bar, you can do that easily.
Steps to be followed:
- Start a game from the start menu from your device. You have to play it also from the Xbox Console Companion program.
- If you press Windows+G simultaneously during games the game bar overlay will appear.
- There are two ways to take the screenshot at that moment. You have an option of taking screenshots by clicking the camera option or you may use the shortcut key combinations (Windows+Alt+PrtScn).
- The screenshots will be saved automatically to the folder named Videos in a subfolder named Capture
Note: If you are playing games from STEAM, just press the F11 key to take a screenshot. The shot will be saved to your screenshot folder on Steam.
By Following the previously discussed method one can enjoy the facility of taking screenshots in several combinations.